August 18, 2023. Details from MUSIC CARE by Room 217’s newsletter:
“Room 217’s MUSIC CARE CONFERENCE (MCC) is a national, annual one day hybrid conference bringing together care partners interested in how music enriches quality of life for everyone.
MCC 2023 will be held in Ottawa on Friday, October 27 at the Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre and will explore the effects of music on health and wellness.
- Closing keynote & performance by Canadian superstar – Jully Black
- Opening performance by the ‘Singing Nurse’ – Amy Lynn Howson
- Plenaries with Brian Harris, Founder MedRhythms and Glenn Marais, Community Musician
- Learning Workshops & Research Track
- Vibrant learning community
- Refreshments & Lunch
Music is recognized as an effective means of care
MCC is a day of inspiration and information for anyone who wants to learn more about music in care. Participants include allied healthcare providers, family and volunteer caregivers, care receivers, musicians, faith-based, community, government and indigenous agencies, students and the community-at-large.
$110 Early Bird ● $130 Regular
$75 for Students and Seniors ● $75 Live Virtual
Group rates of 10 or more available”